About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

JET volume 17 - off to a good start with Tomasi article

At the Journal of Evolution and Technology we will publish articles as and when they are ready, rather than waiting for an entire volume to fill. Accordingly, volume 17 is now underway with a fine article by Alessandro Tomasi, "The Role of Intimacy in the Evolution of Technology" ... an issue which Tomasi approaches from a viewpoint within Continental philosophy, though his points about the ways in which successful technologies must be experienced as intimate are accessible (and, I think, persuasive) to readers from any educational background. I'm very pleased to have this piece available through JET, though I can't take the credit for finding it, which happened before my shift.

More material will be published very soon. We have a number of articles in late stages of production.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hi Russell. I went to the JET site and clicked on the Tomasi article link. It seems to be broken.

Russell Blackford said...

We're having some technical problems. I hope normal transmission is restored soon (largely out of my hands at this moment).