About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

First semester upon us

The first semester of the academic year starts next week - my main commitment is to teach a few tutorials in the second-year undergraduate Ethics subject, which should be do-able.

I'm now itching to finish the Ph.D and to turn it into a book to submit to an appropriate publisher, but it's obviously not going to happen in the next few weeks. So, I currently have an application in for a six-month scholarship extension, which looks a lot more realistic right now. Whether I get the extension or not, I plan to submit in August/September, which means I'll soon be looking around and considering the next phase of my career. I have a lot more philosophy in me, and I'm hoping to find a research position - or even a teaching position with a fair emphasis on research - at an institution that's well placed to support my work (with colleagues whose work can create synergies and so on).

No comments: