About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Extended

I just received advice that my graduate scholarship has been extended for six months, until 19 September 2007. That's a relief. Now to take all this work I've been doing (much of which I've been posting in raw draft form right here on this blog), and carve it into something that can actually be submitted in that time.

It's reached the point where I have to draw a line under my reading soon - I see that Michael Sandel has a new book on human enhancement, evidently based on his famous article "The Case Against Perfection", and using the same title. As this won't be published until May, I may not be able to get a copy before I'm finished, and it will certainly be too late for me to give it much consideration.

No comments: